Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Flyleaf visits

So our neighbor's son 'Hurricane' is driving the rock group Flyleaf's 1 million dollar bus around the country for their tour. They are a hard rock Christian group from Texas that sings about hope shining brighter than despair. They played at the Intersection in GR Tuesday night, and we were luckly to have Jared the guitarist and his wife stay in Brett's room on Monday. I went golfing for the day, and Andy, dear wonderful man that he is, told them to use everything, washing machine etc. I woke them at 10:30 the next morning, and they loaded onto the bus and went back to sleep until they got to the venue for set-up. 10 people sleep on that bus, with bunk beds, 14 TV's, black leather sofas, everything. Sort of like Brett sleeping on the trains in Europe:)
I wish we had more traveling groups to share our little spot of heaven with..., it's what makes us happy.

2 comments:

LS said...

I spent the today at work, from 9am-7pm! I didn't call because I figured you wouldn't want to be there that long. But I see they still didn't need you for scheduling. I'll have to go back in for just a few hours to finish completely(a couple desk drawers, a box and pictures to burn) but the yearbook is done!!

I see you are busy entertaining rock stars!!!

brettgfitzgerald said...

I'm glad to hear that my bedroom is getting good use :)