Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Virtual Geocaching

So another way to keep in contact, share in fun experinces and help each other is to geocache, but across half the USA! So Sean and Sarah found a webcam geocache and needed someone to 'capture' their picture to be able to claim the cache. It took 5 tries, (timing was an issue) but here it is - a picture captured on a computer in Michigan of a couple standing, holding up their GPS unit, in Washington. I should try it with Lisa in Budapest or Brett in Cologne! I love life - my kids- what fun!!

3 comments:

brettgfitzgerald said...

Heh, that's awesome! One missing piece from my geocaching puzzle: a GPS ;) But that's a really cool idea!

Anonymous said...

Awww. Well, what with google Earth and maps.google.com, there's a ton that can be found without a GPS. Just gotta stick to the urban environs. When I'm in Seattle, I go commando like that. Reception's terrible in the steel canyons anyhoo.

LS said...

Wow how does that work??
I'd love to try it.