Sunday, July 16, 2006

Choose to be Positive




Today we celebrated a birthday, a bon voyage, and friendships. Every moment, every day, we can decide, between the happening of an event and our reaction to it - what our reaction will be. Should we be sad that dear dear friends are moving, or celebrate the adventure that they are starting. Should our heart hurt because hugs will now be missing, or find new ways to reach, teach and love across the ocean.

Exploring, adventuring, questioning is what makes us grow, mentally sharpening our perspective on life and how we connect with our world.

So that leads me to my next picture, a 'red thread' across Europe, pins showing where Brett has been so far, exploring our world, and hopefully sharpening his mind with the insights and awareness of the oneness of the human race. In his moments before reactions, does the Spirit inspire him to a greater understanding of the blessings of the diversity of this world?

2 comments:

LS said...

Thanks Joyce, for everything, but mostly for just being you. I will miss you so much and think of you often on my way to and from work each day... that is if I ever get there!
The visa's will be here tomorrow, I hope.

You left your plant, and also can you take Bill his chair? It actually got finished. I'll leave it at my parents and you can pick it up when you go to school someday.

Andy, the hot dogs were great. Thanks so much for sharing Joyce. We can't wait for you to visit us and we aren't even there yet!

brettgfitzgerald said...

Haha, nice map :) It's fairly accurate, just missing some details like Venice, and a couple day-trip locations. All in all, very quality :) Unfortunatly, I don't think I'll make it to Budapest to meet Lisa and the fam :( I'll save eastern Europe for another trip.